Pirate Prince

A pirate is a prince of the seas
The waves whisper to him through the salty breeze
He plunders and pillages all that he can find
A pirate and his crew form one open mind
The waters below the ship toss and turn
They use such terms as “port” and “stern”
They know the world like the back of their hands
They journey further each day to find new and young lands
A pirate prince may be on the wanted list
But before you confront him, know that he has an iron fist
His strength he draws from years of hardship
He has felt both glory and the sting of the whip
For countless ages he pioneers the oceans
And rocks with the vessel’s rolling motions
The feather in his hat is soft and gentle
He throws overboard the ones that have gone mental
His grin is like a serpent’s dare
And golden are the locks of his shining hair
His bright green eyes glow like emeralds in the night
This pirate would never give up without a fight
He has faced the most frightening monsters
And beaten senseless the most threatening gangsters
No one would dare to get in his way
He takes an innocent life almost every day
He’s a kind hearted man but not a saint
He is an artist of sorts but he cannot paint
His hunger for adventure can never be satisfied
His territory is large and wide

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:43 pm:
I just thought you might like to know this poem is now hanging on my bedroom wall.

BrandybuckTookThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 7:16 pm :
*u* Oh, my goodness. Seriously?! I FEEL SO HONORED. THANK YOU. Wow...I feel so special too. ^u^

nelehjrThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 11:00 am :
Matches the theme of my room nicely. Emo-goth-pirate-unicorn. Thank you for writing it, and posting it :)

today at 1:13 pm :
You are WELCOME, my fellow pirate! May the salty sea breeze carry adventures your way!

May 25 at 2:54 pm:
First off, pirates rule! Major props. Second and more seriously, I love your use of imagery. Reading your poem I felt like I could actually see said pirate prince smiling devilishly and looking back at  me with those feirce emerald green eyes. I loved it!

May 25 at 8:23 pm :
Goodness, thank you very much! I agree completely with your first statement: pirates rule! Arrrrrr!

May 27 at 4:51 pm :
Aye, anytime matey! Arr! ;)