it take one against the many

it takes one to
stand against
the mass—one
revolutionist
to prevent
further oppression
—one with valor
unlike the rest,
all craven
against the
tyranny of the
oppressors,
coward just like
them as well,
hurting victims
in their hearts,
although they
feign a certain
bravery and
haughty spirit;
one to extend
the hand to those
tripped and pushed,
to those who are
hurt by whet words,
to those who
looked down upon;
one revolutionist
can lead the way
to freedom of
oppression,
freedom of tyranny;
one person easily
can change
the minds of many.

SecretFlameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 20 at 7:43 pm:
This was a piece that touches the heart and rolls off the tongue. The short and simple lines had beautiful word choice and a rhythm that make you want to read it again and again. I think as you say that this single piece could change the minds and hearts of many, making them believe they too can change the world.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 12:52 pm :
I am really happy you liked it and that you found it to be empowering. Not everyone would say that or appreciate something that they might find to be "radical" or "free-thinking". Good to know I'm not the only person who feels this way. Thank you for the knd comment. Gives me hope and desire to write more stuff like this. 

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 14 at 9:03 pm:
Very inspiring, what prompted you to write this?

Mar. 15 at 1:45 pm :
Thank you. That's one of the best comments I've ever received. I don't really know what made me write this. One day, I felt overwhlemed, I guess, from listening to constant news about the effects of bullying and how some people were to scared to stand up against the bully. Also, I think we're living in a time where we are listening to the news constantly reporting news about countries on the verge of revolutions—some good, some bad.  

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 16 at 12:48 pm :
Well I've always been a firm believer in "one person can change the world" and I hope I can be a leader like that some day:) Keep up the awesome-ness!

Mar. 17 at 6:05 pm :
Thank you. And you can change the world, I belive, if you're crazy enough to believe. I read a quote once that said those who are crazy enough to believe they can do something incredible will do it.