I am The Paper | Teen Ink

I am The Paper

By Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island
Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." -Theodore Roosevelt

A blank page
With thin blue lines
A fractured spirit
With leaky eyes

A Papermate pencil
With a broken tip
A cracked voice
With a trembling lip

A million and one pages
With everything I've learned
A slowly breaking heart
With nowhere left to turn

A leather bound journal
With enough poems to cover an acre
A lost and troubled girl
With no more words to tell the paper

Mckay ELITE said...
on Apr. 22 2013 at 3:36 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Yessss!!!!!! :)

Kris_10 GOLD said...
on Apr. 19 2013 at 10:05 am

I know exactly what you mean. It's like you live in a world where no on gets you, but then there are a huge group of people who understand your passion for writing and get what it's like.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Apr. 18 2013 at 1:07 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Dont' mention it. I love reading people work, especially when they demonstrate talent and love for writing like you. I love the passion you all display. It gives me hope for the future of poetry and prose to know that there exist passionate writers.

Kris_10 GOLD said...
on Apr. 17 2013 at 10:29 pm

I don't know why but I love writing about paper. I fell like it's a great metaphor. And thanks by the way for taking time to read so many of my poems. It means a lot.

Mckay ELITE said...
on Apr. 17 2013 at 3:05 pm
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I can relate to this. We're all blank canvases, ot empty sheets of paper. As life goes on, we're filled with countless words or images, but we're not enough for all those words and images. 

Kris_10 GOLD said...
on Apr. 1 2013 at 3:04 pm

Thank you!

on Mar. 31 2013 at 6:32 pm
Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

Very Good! This is one I can relate to. Halfway through, starting at the third stanza the flow and stlye changes a bit, and that knda made it hard to read smoothly from start to end. It made it feel a little fractured. But your rhymes are clean and the thoughts you express very interesting. Your really rew me into this peice. Marvolous work!