milky way | Teen Ink

milky way

By thenaturalmystic PLATINUM, Tomah, Wisconsin
thenaturalmystic PLATINUM, Tomah, Wisconsin

"thunder only happens when its raining players only love you when they're playing"
(STEVIE NICKS)

Whatever happened to us?
Where did all of our time go? I think that it just disappeared, leapt into the fields of the Milky Way.
It took flight and never came back, now it is bounding through the asteroid fields, now it’s falling into the fallen stars.
There was never a you and a me, we never were, never had that chance.
By the time it took flight, it was already too late. There was never a “together”.
Just the Us That Never Was…
When the world is sleeping, I look to those stars,
And every night I see, way up there, a you and me…
Every morning when the sun awakens to the world, I think of you and I die.
I felt you inside my mind; you look at me and tell me there is no way.
Not through voice but through your despairing eyes.
I feel dumb, I gave you my heart, and like a hungry wolf you swallowed it whole and then asked for more…
You just ripped it apart right in front of my eyes... My ears rang with the sound of your mongrel like destruction…
Now I have died, I look to you and I feel like everything is simply just falling apart…
I couldn’t stand up to you, when I had the chance, I couldn’t breathe around you, when I saw those eyes…
Everything has changed, yet everything stays as it is….
Yes I see those stars in the midnight hours; I see your face upon the constellation lake…
I can never have the opportunity to hold you, to caress you, to care for you…
That is why I look to the stars,
To remind myself that I am alone, that I have no one there is nothing that can replace you.
Yet there is nothing that compares…
Yes I know, you never cared for me nor for anyone else…
Thank you, I say this and I don’t mean it. I do this now, because I have no heart…
Every day I show up, just waiting to have that chance. I cry out to you. Don’t you see? Don’t you realize what you have done? What you left me in?
If you don’t then let me remind you, once again and forever more,
You broke my heart. You destroyed my soul, and then you killed my lust, my love…
Because now when I look at you I want to scream… that moment that I first connected. I regret it every waking day….
It’s too deep of water and I can’t swim… I’m drowning in my own recklessness…
Lost with no cause because my heart left me…
Thank you…….

...my own....