Young Meets Old

I flinch as I feel your soul flicker.
Traces of the future,
Emblems of the past.
Your wrinkles form a deep chasm between us.

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:48 am
this was short, yet powerful!! from what I interpreted, this is about generation gap..? how the older person has only 'traces' of future but 'emblems' of past.. really nice :) what's the actual meaning that you intended to convey??

IrenieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:19 am
I just wanted to talk about how different it is between young people and old people.Even when you're trying to get along and understand each other, there's a fundamental "chasm" between us that is difficult to overcome.

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:41 am
Very good, I love this poem :)