Closet

Hiding in the dark corner crying on your knee.
Tear stained skin gathers all around your face.
Turn the lights back one and try to cover it with makeup.
Hope no one calls you on your humiliating secret.
You wish your life wouldn’t be this way.
You always tell yourself you are going to change.
Yet still you always end up back in that dark corners refuge.
You know how you are supposed to feel, so you pretend
that you're filled with joy, but you are the one who knows what
really lays inside your soul. Just keep away from the temptation
of tears, and the dreams that gamble with death.
Just lie in your mother's arms. Wrap yourself up tight
knowing all the while that tomorrow everything won’t be alright.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I thinks this peom speaks on behalf of all humanity. I love the emotion and pain and the inevitable hopelessness of life. Life isn't rainbows and unicorns; sometimes, if not always, it's tears, wounds, pain, and more tears. 

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks!  I kinda wrote this poem about like a specific scene I had in my head...and you pretty much summed it up! Thanks ao much for all of your feedback

Photographywonder said...
Wow purely amazing and I absolutley love the ending!

Than you so much :)

IrenieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:34 am
Again I love this poem! I can really relate to it, because I've basically done this before. Good job.

One_Of_A_Kind said...
It Speaks For Itself.... It's Really good! :)

Is that a good thing?