Butterflies This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Hell turns to ice
When she's lying in bed
(With a halo's glow wrapped 'round
her head).

If I'd pick twice
At my logical threads
(Like the teddy bear she holds in the
medicine bed)

I'd have a mind to think she'd pass, tonight.

And I breathe at the pace
That the heart machine makes
(Just to feel that she's closer than face
to face)
Somehow, I'm finding
A hope that swells
(That bounces like raindrops to a
wishing well)

And I'd bet my coins

That

There could be butterflies

Drawn from the curves of the monitor's lines.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 18 at 2:32 pm:
breath-taking, what a beautiful, inspiring piece of writing!

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 11:22 pm :
Thank you!

MaiapapayaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 11 at 10:30 pm:
This is so good. I can't even describe it. Keep writing!

Oct. 13 at 9:51 am :
Thank you much!  :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 10 at 2:36 pm:
From that first line, you captured my attention. And you held it till the end. Wow. This is a wondrous poem. I wanna re-read it over and over again.

May 19 at 9:54 am :
Thank you VERY much, Mckay!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sep. 19 at 8:23 pm :
CONGRATS ON BEING PUBLISHED!!!!!! (Seriously, great time to be published with all of you fabolous people.) :)

Oct. 3 at 10:07 pm :
Thanks, Mckay!  I haven't checked this site in a while.  I just happened to be on today and noticed that I'd been published.  This is one of my favorites of mine, so I am excited!

laurengerhardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 7 at 1:31 pm:
Kylie, your writing is phenomonal.

Apr. 10 at 7:34 pm :
Thank you so much, Lauren! That means the world to me!