Butterflies This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Hell turns to ice
When she's lying in bed
(With a halo's glow wrapped 'round
her head).

If I'd pick twice
At my logical threads
(Like the teddy bear she holds in the
medicine bed)

I'd have a mind to think she'd pass, tonight.

And I breathe at the pace
That the heart machine makes
(Just to feel that she's closer than face
to face)
Somehow, I'm finding
A hope that swells
(That bounces like raindrops to a
wishing well)

And I'd bet my coins

That

There could be butterflies

Drawn from the curves of the monitor's lines.

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
breath-taking, what a beautiful, inspiring piece of writing!

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you!

Maiapapaya This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so good. I can't even describe it. Keep writing!

Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:51 am
Thank you much!  :)

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
From that first line, you captured my attention. And you held it till the end. Wow. This is a wondrous poem. I wanna re-read it over and over again.

May 19, 2013 at 9:54 am
Thank you VERY much, Mckay!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
CONGRATS ON BEING PUBLISHED!!!!!! (Seriously, great time to be published with all of you fabolous people.) :)

Thanks, Mckay!  I haven't checked this site in a while.  I just happened to be on today and noticed that I'd been published.  This is one of my favorites of mine, so I am excited!

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Kylie, your writing is phenomonal.

Thank you so much, Lauren! That means the world to me!