Heart of clay This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

My friend I say,
your heart is like a chunk of clay
yet you are the only potter who can form it.
So decide what you will make.

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:11 am
Wow, this is beautiful! So simple, and yet so amazing. I love it!

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:36 am
Thank you :) I love short poems...they leave you with more to think about

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like how this poem makes you think about life. The theme is deep even though the poem is simple yet concise. Love it.

Thank you :) This is what I had in mind and evry time I myselfy read the poem, I get something different from it :)

IrenieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:33 am
I love this poem. It holds so much meaning, even though it's really short. Great job!

OpulentColorsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Beautifully done. I would expand (:

Thank you; however, the whole point is that the reader has to decipher the poem by themselves.