Nothing Does Not Exist

There is no such thing as nothing.
Not in the spaces where you think,
Not in the time between each blink.
Neither hidden in darkness,
Nor exposed in bright light.
For there is always something,
Even the thought of the idea of nothing,
Is something.
Space exists,
And time within that space.
So therefore nothing cannot exist.
It is an illogical wonderance,
For in a world,
A galaxy,
A universe,
Where there is always something,
Even simple emptiness,
The very idea of nothing being something,
Proves that nothing does not exist.
So the next time you are told you are nothing,
Or you think that you are nothing,
Think of how truly special that makes you,
For you exist,
A nothing,
Even though nothing cannot exist.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 24 at 5:18 pm:
Amazing. "So the next time you are told you are nothing, or you think that you are nothing, think of how truly special that makes you, for you exist, a nothing, even though nothing cannot exist." I love your phrasing, and those are my favorite lines you've written. Very true and inspirational; I'll always remember that now. Great job! :)

Avelynne said...
the first poem i've read since getting on this site. great work

SecretFlameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:01 am :
Thank you! :)  

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:38 pm:
I loved this becuse it is true, and i love your philsocphy in this it beyound amazing that your that indepth on a whim even though it may been a few days work you make it seem easy

Rolledthestone This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:52 am:
SO TRUE! OMGOSH LOVED LOVED LOVED! Aren't those bursts of philosophical wonderings great? Or when you just come up with a great idea. And it results in a poem like this! Just fantastic. new fav by far and it makes so much sense. We are nothing but nothing doesn't exist and we just want to be nothing so we can feel nothing but we're lying to ourselves because we'll always feel. And nothing does not exist *is mind blown*.

Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:02 am :
I'm so glad! :D Thank you!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:50 pm:
Oh wow. This is beautiful! I agree with TheEpic95, the ending was so unexpected! Very clever XD. Mad respect right now:)

Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:01 am :
Thank you!!!!!

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:44 pm:
Oh! That last line got me. I was going through it thinkin "This kid is clever, too bad hes gonna tank it with some nonsensense about "so since you cant be nothing, your.... something :)" and leave us all feeling like "something" people poje with a stick. But then you went and reversed it, saying that if we really were nothing, then we were something rare and special! Shoot! Great work!

Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:12 pm :
Well thank you very much!! :D (i'm a she btw not a he lol)

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:19 pm:
I really like this. It's beautifully woven ideas present an interesting point. The poem goes from describing the somethings we call nothing and blends down to directly adressing the reader about how special nothing is. The ending was lovely, as were the lines "not in the spaces there you think, Not in the time between each blink." I appreciate how you wove a little rhyme into those lines, giving nothing a sort of magical quality, which adds to the way you point out how special noth... (more »)

Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:30 pm :
Thank you for the compliments and for the feedback!!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:17 pm:
The language is somewhat prose-like, thought that doesn't mean it lack creativity and originality. I think that with philosophical poem, sometimes it's easy to fail, but you prove otherwise.

Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:30 pm :
Thank you i'm glad yo thought it was good 

pratsjb said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:50 am:
Confuses one in the begining and in the end makes one realize that they always mean something to the society. Good Job

Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:29 pm :
Thank you :)

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:42 am:
I love how you use science and logic to, in a way, contradict a statement. Great job! 

Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:28 pm :
Thank you! You got it perfectly!

somerandomperson said...
Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:55 pm:
my favorite parts is the end because i can relate. next time i feel lik enothing ill think of this

Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:28 pm :
I'm glad you liked it :)