Darkness

Darkness,
It creeps,
It crawls,
Inching its way across the floor,
Covering the sunlight with its shadows,
Unyielding in its search for brightness
Yet it consumes the very thing it longs to see
Reaching out with inky claws,
To suffocate the last bit of semblance of illumination
Retiring the room to gloomy blackness

laurengerhardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:52 pm:
I love the line "yet it consumes the very thing it longs to see".

dagnytaggartThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 1 at 4:59 pm:
Good description, even better imagery. My one concern is that I feel this could definitely have been elaborated more, like some of your other (fantastic) works.

iAmandaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 1 at 3:53 pm:
I love your descriptions and the use of words in this poem. You really explain darkness well.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 16 at 1:40 pm:
Great personificaton of  Darkness. You describe it almost as if you were describing Lord Voldemort.