Have you ever been... deported? | Teen Ink

Have you ever been... deported?

By MateoMansillaMoya GOLD, Reynosa, Other
MateoMansillaMoya GOLD, Reynosa, Other

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.

Have you ever worked hard to achieve something?
Have you ever felt what it feels like you are doing things the right way?
Have you ever thought that your life just can’t get any better?
Have you ever felt what it feels like to be on top of the world?
Have you ever felt what it feels like to help other people?
Have you ever felt what it feels like to do a lot of extracurricular activities?
Have you ever felt what it feels like to be happy as you have never been before?
Have you ever been told things that make you nervous?
Have you ever felt like you need to hide from something?
Have you ever felt scared?
Have you ever felt what it feels like that nobody is going to help you, no matter what?
Have you ever felt what it feels like to realize that things are not okay?
Have you ever felt what it feels like to be separated from your parents without notice?
Have you ever thought about leaving your friends and not seeing them anymore?
Have you ever thought about going to an unknown and dangerous place spontaneously?
Have you ever felt what it feels like when you have to empty your whole apartment in one night?
Have you ever thought about leaving all you have behind, just like that?
Have you ever felt what it feels like that your world stops spinning but everybody else’s keeps on going?
Have you ever felt what it feels like that your whole life has changed in less than a day?
Have you ever felt what it feels like that all your dreams have been ruined?
Have you ever felt what it feels like that all your friends “miss” you but won’t talk to you?
Have you ever felt what it feels like that you want to visit your friends but they don’t ever have time?
Have you ever felt what it feels like that all your plans for the future won’t be the way you planned them?
Have you ever felt what it feels like that you don’t know what you will do with your life?
Have you ever been… deported?

This is how I felt when my family was deported from the USA and sent back to Mexico.