Promised Land

Oh joyous friend!
Lets play pretend.
Live in a world full of joy.
A world for every girl & boy.
Beyond our past we look.
Beyond the crookedest crook.
Into the darkest shadows.
That haunt our memories gallows.
Long live life's tragedies.
Long live life's rhapsodies.
But hey, take my hand.
Lets take a walk to our promised land.

Sunny225This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 26 at 5:42 pm:
thank you i needed this

Armyj13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:06 pm :
Needed what? A great poem that uplifts the spirit and edifies the soul??? lol

HannahBanana99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 19 at 6:02 pm:
Wow awesome! Really strong emotion and its what every teen wants. Great job :)

today at 6:07 pm :
Thanks for the comment!! Although does every teen want a promised land  

GalaticOreoMarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 5 at 1:03 pm:
I enjoyed this poem. Its inviting. Can you take me to the Promised Land? :)

Mar. 5 at 1:11 pm :
I can take you wherever you want to go!! :)

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25 at 3:06 pm:
This is great! Keep writing!

SuNshiNe007This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 21 at 3:22 pm:
Absolutely beautiful! I LOVE this poem and I need a promise land right about now. Very true and creative. Keep up the great work. I give you 5 out of 5!

Feb. 21 at 3:25 pm :
Well ok then ;)