The Little Things That Matter

A thousand hues
A million mixes
When my eye,
Upon that scene fixes;
I see a palette divine
Artistry, ever so fine.
The sky may be, the way to Thee
And in itself ‘tis
The manifestation of bliss.
Yet each little pigment makes it so

The petal, the pollen of the flower
The seconds, minutes of the hour
The roots, the branches, the stem, the leaves
Come together and form, the lovely trees
The aromatic smell of rain
The spicy jab of pain
The tiny crystal of snow
The flame’s silent glow

Every pencil stroke
In my charcoal sketch
Where each line broke
And where two curves met
Vertical, horizontal and slanted
Each shading method brings it out
The true essence
Through the details shout

My Fujifilm camera captures
Each independent pixel though
I s the factor that
Gives life to the photo

The intertwined strands of wool
Adorning my winter sweater
Twists, knots and patterns rule

‘Tis said handwriting displays
What a person’s personality says
How curls the ‘f’ in ‘fur’
How clear the writing, or how blur
In what way, you cross the‘t’s
And dot the ‘i’s
Jot down the truth
Or fashion lies

Now I delve,
Into the magical world
From whence unto
These lines unfurled
Poetry, poet’s pretty muse
Each element in a poem,
Has high esteem
How the rhythm goes
And how the theme
The simile well knows
And the metaphor shows
If ‘tis written in joy
Or excruciating pain
Much knowledge about it
From these facts can gain
The little labors, never in vain
Thus, your eyes
To look for them, train

And all above discourse concludes
All details to a mountain amount
And they are what make…
The real thing count

ThesilentravenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15 at 3:35 pm:
Looking at the big picture of what you wrote here, I'd say this is my favorite one of yours (of the three I've read, that is), in part because you seemed to give yourself more freedom with rhyme and with wording. But also because of the ideas you're touching upon here. And I adored "the spicy jab of pain"~I encourage you to incorporate more lines like that into future poems. Well done, with it all, it was a pleasant experience reading your work, and my thanks to you for rea... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:25 am :
Wow, Thank You! And it was something new for me but now that you're encouraging me to di it I sure will keep that in the back of my head. And I'm just simply plainly glad that you read these. And well..for that I just love yours so I won't stop reading til I've read it all and after that I'll just reread. :D Will you ever publish?

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 23 at 3:24 am:
I little long, but perhaps one of your best pieces, it's finely woven, and intricately presented there! go on!

Mar. 23 at 11:44 am :
Thanks ever so much for reading! LOve ya so much! Hey I posted this new poem titled "What She's Worth"...It's sort of a new kind of writing for me so please could you give some feedback when you have time. And Thanks again.   I do think this one is one of the best though I don't think thta highly of my own stuff,.... :P

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24 at 2:29 pm:
I wish I could think of a better, more precise way to say this, but your poem is just beautiful. It is quite elegantly written. As I have said before, you demonstrate an amazing amount of control over your words.

Feb. 25 at 5:41 am :
WOW,...It's an honour really,, Thank YOU!!   Your feedback is amazing, plus you explain what you like/dislike which I love...Do keep giving the golden advice. And again Thank You! :D

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 13 at 3:01 pm:
THis is beautiful. Your poem's makeup fits the subject, as I found myself reading it slowly in order to absorbe the graceful crafting of each line. Everything fits togeather to make a wonderful poem, but if you took each section apart you would still have something lovely :)

Feb. 14 at 6:48 am :
That's one of the things I like about this one too, how all the independent stanzas come together,...I guess it is better than the others as I strongly truly fiercly believe in this. ANd THank you for reading and for the feedback.   :)  .. Check out some other stuff too...you might even like some :D