One Wish, A Thousand Stars

One by one
For a thousand days
Each day putting a wish
On a strip of paper
Folding it carefully
And precisely
In creating a star
The final star
Is for happiness to arrive
In front of the doorstep
Where the final notes given
Allowing a push
To a path of new hope
A thousand stars
To make one wish
That holds the power to make
Nine hundred and ninety nine other wishes
Come true

Luv4EverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:56 pm:
beautifully written^^

RayynbowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is beautiful! I like the image of writing a wish on a piece of paper and folding it into a star and filling up a jar with them. I also like the lines "The final star/Is for happiness to arrive/In front of the doorstep/Where the final notes given," although I think that "notes" should have an apostrophe, but I'm not sure if that's intended or not. Overall, this is a wonderful poem. Keep writing!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:51 pm:
Lol, I added this to my favorites:). Loved it!!