Underestimated

While you picked apart my outfit
Because i wasn't one of you
Before you saw me cry
I pushed everything down inside And your laughter faded by
As you disappeared down the hall
Then i let a burning tear slip

I hid inside a room
The very next day
Prepared
And ready
When you walked in
I felt unnoticed
I slashed and winced
And did it again
Until you heard me cry
I revealed myself

While i created pain
To mask the actual
I stared into your deviled eyes
As if i would last any longer
The guilt took over and you dialed 911

alex2512 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, that;s emotional. It's really impressive that you could write a poem so deep when it isn;t even about you. This is clearly something you feel strongly about and it comes through in the poem. :)

nikki1 replied...
thanks. i really thought that this would let people know that they are not alone.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a very deep and heartfelt poem. You did a wonderful job, especially at the beginning. The end was a little heart pounding, the words were just vauge enough, myserious enough to really get to a person, really make them fearful for the poem's speaker. Great work! I may noy be a bully, but sometimes we are ALL a bit of jerks. Sometimes I wonder how far I would have to go to really get to someone, have I ever gone to far without realizing it? Poems like this always get to people like me. I h... (more »)

nikki1 replied...
thankyou t thought that you would like it. i would like to read some of your work.

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I'd be honored! One I would really like to hear people's thoughts on is Imperial Dust... mind checking it out?

nikki1 replied...
nope i am on it now!

CowboysAndAngels said...
Wow. It's good to know that someone out there cares about what bullying can do. Good job. Keep caring