on trying to capture the sound that escaped me one night in early February

stars like I’ve never seen
standing knee-deep in a sea of diamonds
as the night wore pearls
I opened my mouth and sang to the pregnant sky

I am told that man is made of earth
my fingers dust, my lips mud
my body fertile soil
but every atom in me sang to those stars,
every half of a half of a half of me stretched,
ached to touch that brilliance
so that I am sure
with each tingling, trembling ending in my body
that I belong to that light
and I am made of that light
and I will soon be that light
it’s only a matter
of light years

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Breathless, here. I could see it all; I felt as if I was there singing to the stars "Go to Sleep" Radiohead. Dunno why. I just did.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:06 pm :
RADIOHEAD. Can that be one of my poetic inspirations you were asking about?? Because TOTALLY. Dude, let's be best friends. KAY?

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 22, 2013 at 4:23 pm :
Yes, music is inspiration for poetry. I know so. And ahhhhhhhhhh. Friends?! Really?! Heck yeah! Besties! Ok, don't hold that against me. :)

Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:09 pm :
*high fives* Helllyeah :) Always a good day when I make a bestie ^u^

Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:25 pm :
Freaking out right here. *O* Ok, compose yourself, Mckay; you're making a fool of yourself. -_- *high fives right back to you* My day just became one of the best ever. ^u^