on trying to capture the sound that escaped me one night in early February

stars like I’ve never seen
standing knee-deep in a sea of diamonds
as the night wore pearls
I opened my mouth and sang to the pregnant sky

I am told that man is made of earth
my fingers dust, my lips mud
my body fertile soil
but every atom in me sang to those stars,
every half of a half of a half of me stretched,
ached to touch that brilliance
so that I am sure
with each tingling, trembling ending in my body
that I belong to that light
and I am made of that light
and I will soon be that light
it’s only a matter
of light years

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Breathless, here. I could see it all; I felt as if I was there singing to the stars "Go to Sleep" Radiohead. Dunno why. I just did.

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
RADIOHEAD. Can that be one of my poetic inspirations you were asking about?? Because TOTALLY. Dude, let's be best friends. KAY?

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yes, music is inspiration for poetry. I know so. And ahhhhhhhhhh. Friends?! Really?! Heck yeah! Besties! Ok, don't hold that against me. :)

*high fives* Helllyeah :) Always a good day when I make a bestie ^u^

Freaking out right here. *O* Ok, compose yourself, Mckay; you're making a fool of yourself. -_- *high fives right back to you* My day just became one of the best ever. ^u^