Crush

Crush
Comes without a warning and
Pushes you hard, down the ground,
Defenceless.
Crush
Increases your blood pressure
And colors your face hurriedly like
A nursery kid in a painting contest.
Crush
Paralyzes your strong athletic feet
And tickles you inside till
You wobble like a klutzy jelly.
Crush
Looks so hypnotically hot
That your head will be in the Sahara
When you’re only still in Serbia.
Crush
May crush your fragile little
Fist sized heart, ruthlessly
By not returning your unsolicited favor.
Crush
Will speak honeyed words like an
Angel from paradise, but when you would
Be too frozen and,
Busy looking at its beautiful lips,
It will lose interest and move away.

SaphiraBrightscales said...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:20 pm:
Oh my god, all those comparisons are breathtakingly true!  My especially fav one is "And tickles you inside till You wobble like a klutzy jelly" And Sahara and Siberia! Awesome. I like this poem a lot! I was smiling all the way through...:D

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:11 pm:
I like it! You made the word crush so powerful like the emotions are in real life.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:01 pm:
  I like this. :) I think it’s something that lots of people would be able to relate to.

Tornado M. said...
Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:47 pm:
I didn't get it until it was explained in the comments XD. Well, I think it's a nice concept although the "athletic feet" seems out of place and it seems like you are making all sorts of references about something which the reader is not aware about. If you could make your subject more clear, this would be a very relatable poem. The last few lines are golden by the way!

SteelersJdog said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:05 pm:
Fantastic work, very up front and real. I like the comparisons that you drew as well.

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:00 am:
love it!!!  

Shadow4640 said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:02 pm:
i dont understand it

GeenaElise said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:43 pm:
This is really interesting. Well done

patriot83 said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:27 pm:
This is really good:p So true as well!

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:13 pm:
I thought that this was actually really good! Liked the concept behind it!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:50 pm:
Is crush like a drug or something?

k8husted This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:29 pm :
LOL! thats what i was thinking! What is Crush? like a love crush? Drug? drink? Im lost. lol

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:41 am :
heehe. u can take itt anyway, but i meant the loved up crush teens have on a hottie :P