Just Run

Run you said.

Run.

Your streetlight eyes
Gleaming through the night.
I would’ve listened,
But my feet were stuck to the pavement
And my heart had gone dead.

Run.

You said it again
The word fell off your blunt,
Sullen tongue.
Foreign and familiar.
Bleeding but alive,
On your chaste breath.

Just run.

awray0This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 8 at 8:02 pm:
I really like this peom good job.

KityraAndersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 8 at 10:09 am:
Beautiful work!! (I know you know that, given that everyone else has said it, but still.) I love the description, and the spacing. It gives the poem great tone! Keep writing!

GeenaEliseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 8 at 2:26 am:
Nice work!

Scribbler-of-DreamsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 7 at 11:11 pm:
So good. so simple and sweet.

Fightereyes19 said...
Feb. 7 at 7:14 pm:
I really love this.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 7 at 6:27 pm:
Beautiful poem, with wonderful description! (your streelight eyes, etc)