Most Musical Poem

I can write the most musical poem you've ever seen
I bet my Vic Firth drum sticks on it
Music isn't just a thing to do, it is a language
A way of life
It can bring emotions so overbearing
Like reeling a crossbow in the abyss
Or salt on a wound
It can feel like a physical puncture
Never obsolete, never distant from the present
When the harmonies collide and all else fails
You think of the music
The beautiful soul that did this to you
What does it do to me?
It makes me ache with longing to apart of such beautiful creations
To always love, never forget the look of this musician
No...artist
The crease of concentration on their forehead
The way each note perfectly plucked, blown, or heard
Is consistently formed, caressing me, the people around me with every emotion
If I could save the air, simply pluck it from my surroundings to save for later
I would
So I could listen to the piece whenever I pleased
I would pick the part when the music picks up and crescendos endlessly, almost skeptically
I would capture that moment exactly
Like a camera snapshot
If only I could be in that moment forever

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:02 pm:
This is a great poem - you have a knack for taking an interesting theme/idea and then create a wonderful poem. You seem to have a lot of different styles, and that's good too. Keep it up!

MumfordandSons27 said...
Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:49 pm:
Thank you guys so much (:

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:51 pm:
I really like what you've done here. Reading this inspired me, which is the best thing writing can do! You articulated something that I think so many of us Teen Inkers feel, especially the poetry bunch. I understand the difficulty of conveying the ideas of one form of art in another, and congratulate you for doing it so well. Keep writing!

TheCapturedBatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:09 pm:
This poem makes me feel all of this longing.  I think we have all felt this need to be part of the beauty of music. You conveyed this fleeting magic wonderfully.

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:18 pm:
Music is a HUGE part of my life, so I know exactly where your coming from. Great job!