Free Poem

I am free like a blue jay
Free to fly and be heard
To soar and be vibrant
So brilliant and spontaneous
A bird that can fly
Maybe not physically,
but my mind sure takes a trip
Free to dream
Dream of flowers with the grandest hue of blue
That'll never rot or wither away
I'm free like careless love
Butterfly kisses
Silent looks
Or two blue jays chasing each other
Playing tag in the oak tree
I'd rather be free, then swallowed whole by the emptiness of confinement
The tortures of isolation
Not knowing
The fresh cucumber scent of grass
The touch of a flower blooming in May
Or the sound of a baby's laugh, so gentle and sweet
No, I'd much rather be free than locked away

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 25 at 2:59 pm:
This is amazing! I loved it! Especially the "cumcumber scent of grass" - you have great imagery and descriptions in this poem! Good job!

mollybug13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16 at 10:23 pm:
I love how it ends thats perfect. The rest is really good too.  5 stars  :)

TheCapturedBatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11 at 7:11 pm:
Such happy imagery!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10 at 8:39 pm:
I loved this, especially the ending rhyme with may and away, it tied the whole thing together:)

LoveverydayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 5 at 11:47 pm:
Wow, I loved all the nature metaphors. Very touching and strong ending. I'm jelly :]

HeatherSembThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 10 at 1:03 pm :
Aww Thank you so much! (:

Poniohbjkb said...
Feb. 5 at 4:48 pm:
Omg amaaaaaaazing!!!!!