when I lay my body down This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

when I lay my body down
in forgetland
cold in mountains, soft in skin
and I begin
to feel the ghostly open palms
of happier days
the gold glint in a riverstream feel as
If I'm finding
something precious
and before it floats away
I'll catch the hand and touch you
as you touched me
in the waking heat of nightmares
thin fingers in my hair that never cared
I could not stand to be alone
and I remember you
when we were taller than our shadows
and felt stronger than our habits
and were freer than our racing hearts
and softer than our soft remarks
I was in the rain
and talked to you for hours
I will remember you
and every night until I'm better
I will feel your
ghostly open palms
forgiving me.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yesterday at 6:44 pm:
Hmmm.... Is it about a lover who's losed their lover and feels some regret but believes that that person will forgive him or her when she or he lays their body down in "forgetland"? Beautiful word there. And everywhere else too. Just the imagery and the ardent love throughout. Pretty awesome. I forgot I had tagged it a while ago as one of my favorites. I have a slow and forgetful mind. 5 stars as always. 

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yesterday at 9:16 pm :
It's more like... "When I fall asleep ('forgetland'=subconscious state), I'm able to imagine that you've forgiven me, because in forgetting myself and my conscious state, I can remember our better times, and I will hold on to these memories and possibly try to forgive myself in the meantime." :P

yesterday at 9:17 pm :
"ardent". I'ma use that word a lot from now on.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 12:55 pm :
Oh do. It's such a fiery word. And I'm gonna take as if I failed in interpreting this one. Right? Kinda.

FlannelSkinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3 at 6:57 pm:
Dude I've been reading your stuff for like an hour. Hooked.