Understand

After my heart has broken
Beat me up and send me to hell
I've never asked for much
Just for someone to hug me
For someone to understand
Why can't you see me disappear
In the grains of sand
That are being refined
By the stare
Of your closed eyes
You can work for me
But you cannot love me
You don't know what it's like
Being lonely
Look out
There is a monster inside of me
How can I explain
What you never let me show
I don't know about love
But I don't want to feel afraid
Anymore

Deej6595This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 16 at 6:48 pm:
This is a great poem. And I love what you are trying to say about the struggles with others and yourself. I can relate to this and it was nice to read something that addresses this.

CsengeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 5:05 pm :
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it.

A_Journey said...
Feb. 5 at 9:12 pm:
Wow! This is amazing! :) I can feel the passion and sadness/anger in every line. I would maybe add punctuation to make the flow more noticable, if that makes sense. But its a wonderful poem...I don't think I know anyone who wouldn't relate to this. :)

Feb. 5 at 9:53 pm :
Thank you. :)

colorguardgrlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 1 at 11:12 am:
amazing really hits home

Aug. 30 at 4:23 pm :
Thank you. ^_^

MissRedPoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 31 at 12:43 pm:
I really liked your poem. what inspired you?

Feb. 1 at 12:36 am :
I was having some trouble with the family. My mom doesn't always understand when it comes to my school work, that I can't do it all day. And I don't have a lot of friends to support me either. And there you have a poem.

2sing said...
Jan. 31 at 12:22 pm:
omg this is a master piece i love this i felt evey word that u spoke and  it was well written great job it was like a song to my HEART

Aug. 30 at 4:22 pm :
Thank you. ^_^