The Giver Of Life

If God is "The Giver Of Life",
The surely it's clear why
I don't talk to Him?
In the very essence of His name,
It is made clear that He allowed this pain.
Maybe I'm just too stubborn,
Maybe I'm too weak,
Or maybe it could just be that I don't
Care to seek?
I don't know,
But just don't tell me that you Wouldn't've done the same-
That's not fair;
You'd be insane.

RenaeSadie96 said...
Same to you, I never got notified that you commented, so sorry for taking so long to reply! And thank-you! And I know deep down that He didn't cause the pain, but it's so much easier to believe that.  And lol, Sadie is my middle name, from my great-grandmother who was 100% Native American and needed an English sounding nickname, so Sadie it was!  :)

sadesdd said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:45 am
I like this poem because this is a common thought to many. God allows suffering, but he doesn't CAUSE it. He hates to see people in pain. The one who causes pain today is Satan the Devil. Soon God will rid of him and things will be peaceful. Keep your hopes up:)

sadesdd replied...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:47 am
Love the name Sadie btw

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hiya! First of all, I loved your poem, it reminded me of troubles I've faced and when I've wondered why God let it happen. But it's normal, all of us feel let down, and we hav to remember something. God gave us free will, which is good but comes w/ consequences... Things don't always happen as they should and He hates it when we suffer.. — sorry for the sermon;) I'm just genuinely trying to help (and as I said, amazing poem!!)

This is really good? If you're really struggling with this, know that everyone goes through Hell but that that's not how life's supposed to be:) god gave us the freedom to choose right from wrong, but that comes with consequences. God bless;)

RenaeSadie96 replied...
hey, im sorry, i never got notified that someone commented on my poem!  >.<  But thankyou! and no problemo about the sermon.  :) It was meant from the heart and much appreciated.  Thanks again!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha, I don't know why I commented twice though O.o