Angels Lie Unseen

Tonight's a wasteland of a summer,
the stars come out to play.
The land is going gray and dull
but I'm not here to stay.
I'll travel on familiar roads
that never lead to you.
I stop after a while gone and
almost stumble through.
A gaping hole in front of me
and nothing in between.
This perished space is hidden and
where angels lie unseen.
Falling down a tunnel that is
very deep indeed...
Was not what I intended when
I stumbled upon greed.

freepersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:29 pm:
 I think I get what the first line means. When your in summer, you're free. but if it's a wasteland of summer then you abuse that power. :)

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 16 at 12:25 pm:
  This is somewhat abstract, but still understandable. I can’t get over the opening line. And the ending is nice because it sort of leaves a question. This is definitely my favorite one of your poems so far.

flannyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 12:21 pm:
wow, i loved it!! very beautiful and different!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 2 at 12:25 pm :
Thank you:)

InuLover_95 replied...
Feb. 19 at 2:59 pm :
its really good and, like StarlitSunrise said, the opening line is AMAZING keep writing!!!!!!!!

Feb. 19 at 6:04 pm :
Thanks:). Haha, my reply to your forum post was funny.. I thought I was so smart:( but no, I'm just over analytical

InuLover_95 replied...
Mar. 2 at 10:31 am :
the one where the line bolded? yeah that was funny!!!!!