Heartbeating This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

She took a heart beating
but didn't even believe in the warmth of
her own blood
All she'd ever known were
cold-hearted stares
cold feet
cold shoulders
The frostbite took off more than it could chew
She took a heart beating
and choked

papermargins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:30 am
love those last two lines-- the poem seems to choke off abruptly on the word "choked". haunting!

SilentWatcher said...
I really like this poem, you did a great job with your wording and the photo you picked fits so perfectly. Keep up the great work.

carpets said...
I really like it. It brings to mind something by Edgar Allan Poe.

Lanimal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I really love this! The simpleness made it that much more beautiful and emotional. Great job! :)

asofnow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The repetition! Great job.

AngelaC. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so beautiful in such an abstract way

LunarBirth This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I got sudden goosebumps on the last line.

theramblingpoet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 5, 2014 at 4:01 am
I love this so much I love the wordplay on the word "Beating"

Thestral This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you all so much! :) 

DohaAm said...
Amazingly worded, some addition of punctutaion there could take you great lengths.