Heartbeating This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

She took a heart beating
but didn't even believe in the warmth of
her own blood
All she'd ever known were
cold-hearted stares
cold feet
cold shoulders
The frostbite took off more than it could chew
She took a heart beating
and choked

papermargins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 23 at 12:30 am:
love those last two lines-- the poem seems to choke off abruptly on the word "choked". haunting!

SilentWatcher said...
Jan. 16 at 5:35 pm:
I really like this poem, you did a great job with your wording and the photo you picked fits so perfectly. Keep up the great work.

carpets said...
Jan. 14 at 7:36 pm:
I really like it. It brings to mind something by Edgar Allan Poe.

LanimalThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 12 at 11:19 pm:
I really love this! The simpleness made it that much more beautiful and emotional. Great job! :)

asofnow This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 8 at 4:13 pm:
The repetition! Great job.

AngelaC. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 5 at 9:51 pm:
this is so beautiful in such an abstract way

LunarBirthThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 5 at 9:14 pm:
I got sudden goosebumps on the last line.

theramblingpoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 5 at 4:01 am:
I love this so much I love the wordplay on the word "Beating"

Thestral This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 8 at 6:35 pm :
Thank you all so much! :) 

DohaAm said...
Jan. 2 at 1:15 pm:
Amazingly worded, some addition of punctutaion there could take you great lengths.