I Am Bare

This is the thread
Simple and ongoing
Thin as hair's breadth
But forever growing

Once it is cut
You're sentenced to prison
Heaven, some call it
To others, it isn't

To some, indeed
It's blank as white
To another, however
It's a rainbow bright

Some say it's a window
Looking down from above
Seeing through skin,
Masks, and all love

Whether, to you,
The walls are color or gray
You look back on your past
With each passing day

You see your trials
All the contradictory
You see your mistakes
And every quiet victory

And in recollections
You remember your past
Your left and right turns
Every move last

Your choice of hands show
Inner reds and blues
The hot and the cold
Your olds and news

While looking upon
Your fondest memories
You reveal yourself
Quite involuntarily

Your mask is stripped
Your filling exposed
You see yourself
No longer closed

Then your eyes fall upon
The mirror, at which you stare
The place at which your mask had been
Is completely, utterly bare

flannyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 7:40 pm:
I liked the allusion to the Three Fates....very clever :)  I also loved the different perspectives that you offered, such as "to some,indeed/ it's blank as white/ to another, however/ it's a rainbow bright. It was very interesting!

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 3 at 5:19 pm :
Thanks! I loved incorporating that illusion.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 1:11 am:
Loved this! And trust me, this would hardly stir up controversy:)

Feb. 2 at 2:20 pm :
Thanks! I really appreciate your feedback.

swivlyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 28 at 4:20 am:
~I really like this! It`s so rhyme-y! I`m guessing it`s about the `I` who has died once her thread is cut(the life thread?) Then she looks back at her life. The poem`s pretty deep! Nice! ^^

Jan. 28 at 7:15 pm :
Thanks! I was alluding to the three Fates in Greek mythology who spun, measured, and finally cut the "thread of life." I'm glad you found it interesting!