Homesick This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I lay curled up in bed
in the dark hours of the night,
a foreign feeling weeps to me.
it envelops my body
and seeps into my skin.
it is hunger.
A hunger for home,
familiarity,
comfort.
For belonging,
for shelter.
A yearning for something.
I do not know concretely
what I so longingly desire
But it is there,
a dull ache buried deep within me
that emerges
like an apparition
hazily but surely,
when I am alone

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 4:40 pm:
How easily is this poem relatable? Very much so. I feel the emotion within it. The longing and pining for home. Sweet sweet home. Very well done. 

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 27 at 3:34 pm:
This piece is very relatable and powerful in its words and imagery. Good job!

MaybeImCrazyButIThinkILovedYouThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 27 at 8:40 am:
The emotion in this piece is very powerful. I loved it!