even the sky's no limit

Choking tight
Working hard
The clock’s working
Too fast, broken vases
Shattered bonds
Foggy mornings
And starless nights.
Don’t let go, no-
The quitter is the loser
Left to dwindle in the cage.
Sugar that lemon juice
And drink it all up with a
Smiling face, surprise them
All, yes; set yourself free
And fly, out, to the sky
But even that’s not the limit.

Poetic_Person This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. This is amazing. I love the little bits of rhyme and lemon juice... too cool :D It's really inspiring too, makes you want to work harder and achieve more.

RarelyJaded This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very creative, and I appreciated the lemon juice line:)

Tornado M. said...
:3 my fave! I agree with the comments, great imagery, nice last line. But what does the lemon juice thing mean? XD

thatunknownthing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
it means turn the sour juice into a sweet one, make the best of your bad experiences and learn from it. hope that's clearer! :)

SaphiraBrightscales This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, this one is amazing ..And the last line is epic. Love it.... And one of my fav quotes too! :)

TheSkyOwesMeRain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:22 am
Beautiful poem. I love the imagery in the first few lines, it really sets the tone for the rest of the poem :) And I completely agree! Look at what we've done to prove that the sky's not the limit!