Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

By KristenNoel ELITE, Mooresville, North Carolina
KristenNoel ELITE, Mooresville, North Carolina

The room is blank, the room is cold. I sit here wondering, I sit alone. Without a concern for anyone else. They're ghosts to me but they don't sit by themselves. They stand together in a huge crowd. I can't hear my thoughts- they're talking so loud. That's the difference between them and me. They talk to each other, I talk to me. My words are powerful, my words have sound. But nobody listens because no one's around. And while they're gossiping about everything new, I pick up my pen and write to you. Why? Because you listen even though my words aren't spoken. But while everyone's here, my words are broken. Broken as they always will be, but at least my words in my mind are free. At least my opinions can be released in the world... There might be one less lonely girl.

I wrote this because in my classes I am the "silent one," the shy one, the one who never talks. That's me, my words are broken, but when they meet paper, they become stronger, not many people understand my feelings, and that's why I wrote this poem. To let everyone know that just because she sits alone... does not mean she doesn't have a story. Because the silent ones always have the loudest thoughts.