Secret

I am fragile
But so are you
I have held my breath
Anticipating all that you
Could possibly ignore
And I’m not afraid of much
But I am afraid of this

I’ve spread my arms wide
To the sound of crashing waves
And felt it rush through my chest
As if I could not contain it
And neither could the sea

Because your hand will never know
The curve of my cheek
And your lips will never ache
To seek mine
But still I find solace
In this soft whisper
Tangled in my hair
This wind on my skin
This echo of your touch
Etched in my palm

XweienXThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 26 at 3:46 am:
A sense of sadness while reading the poem...which I believe is the theme of this poem right? :) Love the last stanza! Great work!

BeckSunflowerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 28 at 4:39 pm:
I like it, especially the second stanza, but at the same time I am not sure how it fits. I do, however think it belongs but it deserves a lead up. Also a bit of advice im constantly am giving my brother: I understand the want to be deep but you can only go so far before you fall in.

AmyLeighThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 28 at 6:49 pm :
thank you so much for your feedback!!! i totally understand what you mean about the effort to be deep, i'm still trying to find a balance. and i can see what you're saying about the second stanza, the 3 stanzas do kind of jump around but that was sort of my intention, to have almost 3 different thoughts within the poem. i'll definitely keep that in mind when i'm editing though!

Soccer23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 27 at 7:22 pm:
I love this !  it has very good imagery it made me feel like  i was there

Jan. 28 at 6:50 pm :
thank you! i'm glad you liked it :)