Scars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Gold spills from her eyes, designing
A tattoo 'cross her face.
It paints her parted lips, after it
Cups her cheeks like lace.
A pattern cut like diamonds, etching
Sharp-edged, fine gold stars.
Rimmed by swirling tendrils, reaching
Cuts her face like scars.

PaigeStreet This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:51 am:
This imagery is so clean and clear and yet so curious! I love that. Your appropriation of the word "cut" in the context of scars to mean in an aesthetic rather than active way was really poetic. 

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:58 pm :
I agree with her. It makes me think about my own pain and my own mask I use. Great job

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:51 pm :
Thank you! That's what I was trying to express:)

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:32 pm:
Oh my gosh. This has such a mysterious feel and really includes everything a great poem should have: substance and style. It's free to be interepreted any way, but I think of it as what crazy things girls (and guys) do to impress others. Gerat job.

Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:31 pm :
Thank you so much! :)

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 pm:
Haha, I'm glad you liked it. It was meant to be interpreted different ways. The way I saw it was that the gold "from her eyes" were tears, but to others all they saw was a mask. I myself don't really show vulnerability to others, so yeah.

flanny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 pm:
very cool:) i liked it a lot It was open to many interpretations, and I thought it was reflecting on how people often take drastic, and sometimes painful, measures to be beautful.