Scars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Gold spills from her eyes, designing
A tattoo 'cross her face.
It paints her parted lips, after it
Cups her cheeks like lace.
A pattern cut like diamonds, etching
Sharp-edged, fine gold stars.
Rimmed by swirling tendrils, reaching
Cuts her face like scars.

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 2:12 pm:
Amazing in how few lines are needed to say so much, you nailed it! Great! :D

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 23 at 10:02 am:
This is beautiful :) I am speechless. 

AcidRosesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 1 at 6:41 pm:
Wow... just Wow. Amazing.  It's people like you that keep me from getting in to the magazine lol. Wonderful job. Congratz on getting in. Represent for the rest of us x)

Callie.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 2 at 11:37 am :
Aww, thank you! :) I appreciate it a lot.

bethanyebethanyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 4 at 5:51 pm:
This is one of the best things I've ever read!

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 17 at 7:11 pm:
I really like this poem. :) The imagery is really powerful, and the rhyme sceme seems very natural. And again, congrats on getting published! :) I am so happy for you. :D

Pimp.QueenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 18 at 10:24 am :
Thanks!! :D

Gwen_Elizabeth said...
May 16 at 5:27 pm:
sooooo good! YAY you got in da magazine! SO PROUD OF MY BESTIE LOOOOOVE U :P <3

Indigo.KnowsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16 at 9:41 am:
Congratulations on getting in the magazine!!!!

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 18 at 1:20 pm:
So true, It's okay when someone else suffers; but when we're the victims suddenly it's not okay. What a messed up world we live in! You imagery is perfect and the message is exquisite. 5 stars. And an AMEN! from me, McKay. 

laurengerhardThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 3 at 10:16 pm:
This piece is so unique and the imagery is perfect.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 4 at 2:04 am :
Thanks!!! :)

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 12 at 6:40 am:
You write impressively. Thelast four lines were especially beautiful.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 13 at 2:09 pm:
One word: Beautfiul.   I love the way you put it.

Feb. 13 at 3:20 pm :
Thank you!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 14 at 6:41 am :
You're Welcome!

redhairCatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 7 at 7:45 pm:
Very precise with your wording! I liked it a lot - it was very intense and i liked the "stars" "scars" rhyme.  

Feb. 7 at 8:52 pm :
Thank you! I did that to compare something beautiful "stars" with something painful like "scars" cuz things aren't always what they seem. :) I appreciate your feedback!!

PaigeStreetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3 at 3:51 am:
This imagery is so clean and clear and yet so curious! I love that. Your appropriation of the word "cut" in the context of scars to mean in an aesthetic rather than active way was really poetic. 

Feb. 3 at 10:18 am :
Thank you so much! :)