Disappointment

The worst thing ever is
Disappointment.
For, on it works
No ointment.
When you feel it yourself,
Only then comprehend;
It is a bad bad feeling
However you may pretend.
So limit your expectations,
Don’t trust every casket…
But then again, don’t put
All your eggs in one basket.
Trust only yourself, for you
Are the one that will stay true.

Janelle7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 1:21 pm:
I read tons of your poems and dont ever know what to put for a comment! All I can say is this is an amazing poem with a understanding meaning! Love it!

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 4:29 am :
Hey, Janelle!! Thanks for reading all that stuff of mine. And yes, I can see you did indeed read tons! Thank You SO MUCH for all you amazing and kind comments. This feedback means a lot. Thank You.  Love, Saphira.

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17 at 12:46 pm:
  I loved the line “Don’t trust every casket…” It’s such a haunting command. You did a great job of saying what you wanted to in such few words. Maybe it’s just me, but I think sort poems are some of the very best out there.

Feb. 18 at 11:09 am :
Haha...I guess it is a bit haunting now that you point it out..and well I agree some of the shortest poems are the best because the way the convey so much in so less words is astounding...though I probably don't come in the top 1000s..haha....anyway Thank YOU!