My Best Mates

They’re picture-takers, merrymakers,
The fiercest rebels and rule-breakers
Environment protectors, with the biggest hearts
Where all good ends, their virtue starts.
Blackmailers, sarcastic, ironic though they are
Yet kinder than our Lonely Star
They’re FIFA Lovers, and adore my poetry.
If Reading-allergic, still would read if ’twere by me.
Some are Potter-heads, some fancy Twilight’s name
Yet all of them idiots, I love just the same.
Got an amazing sense of humour
Some love cats, some hate fur.
Exceptional artists, their aspirations high,

Every day, I pray, may they all touch the sky!
I have described, their qualities diverse
Now here are the similarities, in terms terse.
To friendships of old, they remain true
That’s why I say I’m luckier than you.
If “a true friend” you’d wish to define
Come, just look at these awesome friends of mine.

Hamzawaseem said...
Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:32 am:
Uh-mazing poem! Thr rhyme scheme you employ is always awesome and add to the melodious beauty of your poems. Such Masterpieces! I am literally out of words,,, How are you doing btw? How did the last exam go? I don't use teenink much now. I have found another site, "Young Writers Society" Google it and check it out sometime... What's new at your side?

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:04 pm :
Oh, Hamza, you praise overmuch. But thank you ever so much nevertheless. I am doing very well, thank you for asking. The last exam went well, Alhumdullilah. And why not? I think TeenInk is a very good place to put your work. Lots of amazing poets and more importantly friends here who never fail to offer their feedback (including you) Oh, sure I'll check it out sometime. I've been working on some peices of writing lately but think they need to be honed a bit more so am going to put them u... (more »)

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 3, 2013 at 1:21 pm:
totally understood. relatable poem, first line is a star. you write generally...sort of like a 18th century poet. with bits of rhyme, and welded words. that's sort of unique, makes me feel as if you are quite influenced by your english text book. and somehow, you slip back from 'terse' and 'twere to 'awesome' in the last line, so shows your fusion of old and new, after all.  .take a look at my poem 'crush'? 

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:10 pm :
Thanks ever so much for reading! :DD  And I love your feedback, whether positive or negative, so don't you ever stop giving it :P haha LOl....and Yea you're right about that, I like to meld those two completely different styles, I have a strange liking for those words "Tis" , "Twere" ...They seem to make poetry flow much more easily to me plus duh, I'm a seventeen year old of this era...."Awesome" is my most fav word ever and I use it with quite som... (more »)

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:44 pm:
  This is so sweet. :) What a great way to thank your friends! The humor that you added really made the poem. :P

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:18 am :
You know,..this is my only poem that has that tiny bit of humour ..I really want to write funny and humorous stuff but I guess it never comes to me...haha..still waiting for it to just come ..like Bam!...:)) And Thank you..I glad you like it :D

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:24 pm:
You're really lucky :3 I'm a moving child too, and I've been cursed more often than blessed. The beautiful friendships have been the briefest, the ones from when I was young and trusting, but was never able to keep in touch. Moving has always been a death sentence to me, but you seem to handle it really well. I really admire that. Change is tough. Tougher still is having to leave before you are ready.

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:30 am :
Well, Yep I am lucky cause I've been able to stay in contact with them and that they're always there for me....And you're right when you're younger,, the bonds you form stay forever, when you get older you realize that everyone's gotten selfish and then sometimes you get a little selfish too.....And you're wrong about the fact that I handle it well.... I take too long to settle and when I finnaly do, it time to move again....It's my DEATH SENTENCE too,...we moved to a... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:36 am :
You're right about the fact that when you're younger,... the bonds formed then last longest mabe even forever....I guess when we get older we realize how suddenl everyone's gotten so selfish and egocentric and then sometimes we get a little selfish too...But you're wrong about the fact that I handle it well....cause I really don't...We moved to this place like four months ago and I still haven't settled, it is a death sentence for me too..... And I know when I finally do ... (more »)

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:11 pm :
Same. When I came to Maryland, I was leaving one of the worst and longest stays anywhere in my life. This is the first time I have ever really liked a move. When I was super little moving just meant a week of eating donuts all day and a new house to explore. I guess it wasn't until elementary school that I really started feeling it when I lost people. It's led to a lot of walls and attatchment issues, but I try to make the most of it. I've found my dificulty and holding on to friends... (more »)

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:51 am :
I guess we just plod on and say:"Constant Vigilance"  :P