Get Back Up Again

When I’m fifteen, I’ll reach for my pencil and capture the world with its tip.
When I’m sixteen, I’ll drive around the globe and chase my dreams across the sky.
When I’m seventeen, I’ll date a prince and then kiss him on my balcony.
When I’m eighteen, I’ll release my childhood with a goodbye hug.
When I’m nineteen, I’ll wave to my future and jump into the present.
When I’m twenty, I’ll learn all of the earth’s secrets and dig up all the buried treasure hidden in my core.
When I’m twenty-one, I’ll dance away from fear into the embrace of peace and sing of life.
When I’m twenty-two, I’ll race back to my youth and run, once again, with my memories of sweeter times.
When I’m twenty-three, I’ll jump high and try to touch the stars that seem to be ‘just out of reach’.
When I’m twenty-four, I’ll miss my limb and tumble down into my safety net.
When I’m twenty-five, I’ll wash the dirt off of my knees and get back up again.

samiasaskia24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 9 at 1:30 am:
Wow, this is sweet, and it puts your message across nicely! Loved it!

GuardianoftheStarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 5:36 pm :
Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like it. :)

elycavillThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 15 at 5:12 pm:
Very nice description, sort of a story about teen age and then adolescence. LIke it.

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sep. 16 at 9:25 am :
Thank you. :)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 19 at 7:13 pm:
This is lovely! I absolutely love this. but when Yu got to 21 I thought you were going to say something about being ale to drink or something! Ha sorry thats rand land I know it. anyway, Great job overall, though I did think that the last couple of lives were a little repetitive, and could have gone more with the years they were paired with. Anyway, great job, like I said before, I absolutely love this. Keep rockin

Love_Is_LoveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 2 at 2:58 pm:
Absolutely love this. You're are quite gifted in writing. :)

In_Love_with_Writing said...
Jan. 25 at 3:07 pm:
This was great! Nice job :) But I feel like you could have exaggerated the ending. But I don't know. It's just like this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I was expecting more. I don't know.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 1 at 4:18 pm :
I thought this was a little cliche, but still nice :) overall a good poem, if a little obvious.

Emma-Riley said...
Jan. 17 at 8:42 pm:
this is really good!!! can i ask what inspired it?

Jan. 17 at 8:44 pm :
A writing prompt actually.  I read this little book with a bunch of little writing prompts and this was one of them.

Emma-Riley replied...
Jan. 19 at 10:47 am :
well that's smart! ^-^ 

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 21 at 7:55 pm :
This was beautiful, inspiring, and it reminds me of what life is all about. It really gives the reader a sense of hope for their own future. Great piece!

Jul. 24 at 11:55 am :
Thank you!! :)