Landslide | Teen Ink

Landslide

By Montana Hayes SILVER, Middleburgh, New York
Montana Hayes SILVER, Middleburgh, New York

Sometimes I regret knowing you,
At least I thought you were true.
Your attractiveness had the personality to back it up.
The worst part was your personality wasn't entirely yours.
How could you do this,
And not feel guilty?
You lied, cheated.
How could you do this to me?
You broke through my walls,
To only abuse me.

Now you're deleted,
Moved onto someone else.
I hear about you and him,
And I'm utterly jealous.
It kills me.
I'm so caught up in what it could have been.
Damn you for leaving!
He should've been me!
But no, you left,
With no explanation.
I put so much effort into you,
And it was all unrequited.

Though I desperately want to heal,
Make the pain go away,
I want to fix this,
To be with you.

on Jan. 17 2013 at 11:38 am
rachelcritic SILVER, Chicago, Illinois

"Don't ever tell anyone anything.If you do, you start missing everybody- Catcher in the Rye

Hey,I  know how you feel. Dating is a dangerous game,it's almost a little like gambling:you're wearing your heart on your sleeve and you don't know if it's going to be returned,or more importantly,if it's going to last.It's almost like with buying lottery tickets (which I do a lot). You have to have a good feeling about the person,preferrably knowing them for some time to increase your chance of winning if you know what I mean. If you don't know the person well,(which could very well mean that you lose all your money and not win anything in return) you have to be feeling lucky. None of those average feelings about someone like you get a strong doubtful feeling in the pit of your stomach  will do and it almost feels like it's coming from your heart and that's where the expression comes from "Listen to your heart' even though it's not your heart, it's your stomach. So listen to your stomach if you think that girl's a loser. But if she's a winner,it's almost like a surprise victory because it usually comes out of the blue,and usually the relationships that last aren't at school or anything like that because they're no as mature.It sounded like this girl wasn't for you,I don't think she's as levelheaded as you seem to be. I  remembered the last line....something about you wish if she could fix you. Trust me,I've been there. I thought there was this one girl  a little older than me ( alright,smite me,I date girls.Whoosh,the secret's out. But what are you going to do about it? Nothing). Anyway, I was going through a tough time in my life,I was homeschooled,had just one friend that talked to me on Facebook and that was it. That was my social world at the time. So I wanted more and I checked out this dating website called okcupid (I don't really reccomend it. Like I said,you have to be feeling lucky to get the right ones). Anyway, I didn't understand the power yet and just went with whoever was the prettiest. So I chose this 23 year old named Gabby that lived in Oak Park with her boyfriend,and she kept teasing me and was ever so charming but the lowdown was that she wanted to include me in a threesome with her boyfriend. I thought foolishly (and you must also be wise when choosing partners,of course) that she wanted to be committed to me sometimes. But that wasn't the case. She just used me as a sex tool and that was the end. I only saw her twice,once at Lincoln Square near where I lived,and the other was a setup to see the Hunger Games,but she knew that that was far from me,and it would be late,so I'd have no choice but to go to her home with her and she had sex with me almost immeadiately and after that she threw me out like I was some kind of alley cat,and the worst part was that she was so selfish that she didn't even offer me a ride home and i had to take two trains home by myself and I was sobbing hysterically.I knew that meant the end of my relationship once she drove me to the station and told me to get out.She had caused so much pain in my life,and I'm telling you my friend, it was because I was foolish and I wasn't feeling lucky. People are like lotto tickets. I'm serious.Or if you don't believe in luck,there's another term,actually from a book I'm reading now. It's called the Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer.Just read it,I'm reading it right now,it's really good and it can actually help you get what you want in life and it can send you in a positive direction just as long as you follow your field of intention,which is apparently supposed to be very powerful.Well,I'm talking nonsense,just read the book. I think it'll make you feel better and in more control of your life.