I Wish I Knew

I wish I knew everything
Why true love turns out to be false
How brother and sister can hate each other
Why peace isn’t a real term
How people can turn away from the helpless
Why freedom isn’t free
How they take advantage of the giving
Why we hate
How we hate
And then sometimes I wish I knew nothing.

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Good wording, truthful, and to the point.  Just and opinion on somethin:  Peace is indeed a term, but one that people do not understand. 

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:50 pm :
Toche.,,,,

PandaBearLouise15 said...
Its short, and perrrrrrrrrrfect :) ;)

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:09 pm :
Thank ya. :)

AmayaEcho said...
The idea is great!  However, I struggle to find the flow. The majority of the poem is a list of things you wish you knew.  There isn't much to connect the items together.  Just something to think about.

Jan. 7, 2013 at 10:41 am :
Thanks for the advice.  It is appreciated. :)

ClaireBearH said...
Wow this is really good! So true and great ending. Its up to you, but i would suggest that you remove the word "sometimes" from the last line, then you make it more parallel with your first line.

Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:45 pm :
I'm glad you liked it! And thank you for the suggestion! I like to hear what others think to improve my work. 

RolledthestoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:51 am :
So true. People can be so stupid. We all "say" we feel for the poor but do we ever actually do anything? Does anyone ever do anything?! We're just lazy butts who never care about anything that doesn't directly effect us because we only believe what we see and never what might actually be true! Sry, I get carried away on a gust of wind on a stormy night...I'll stop.

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:13 pm :
This is so incredibly true, and I love that you were able to put voice to all those things that people hate about themselves and each other, while still making it sound poetic. Great piece!

Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:08 pm :
Thanks. I'm glad you appreciated it. :)