Missing You

People keep saying it’ll get easier-
Missing your parents
But it doesn’t

I wake up every morning and-
And you’re not there
How could you do this to me?
How could you take away a child’s parents?
Because that’s all I am, a child
A scared child who misses her parents so much

But it’s not getting any easier, missing you
And sometimes I wonder if it ever will

But I don’t care if missing you doesn’t get any easier
I just want you back

BrokenBrookeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 17 at 6:10 pm:
Thank you! And I'm sorry for your loss. Just wondering, do you get annoyed when people say that to you and stuff? I don't know, I have a problem with pity from people- I just want to say "Would you stop please and just let me grieve on my own?". But, I can't. So, yeah, if you got annoyed with my comment, sorry.

BrokenBrookeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 17 at 6:11 pm :
Ooops! That was supposed to be a reply to Herk116

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 2 at 6:49 pm:
This poem is very thought-provoking.  It makes me appreciate my parents more. 

Jan. 2 at 9:27 pm :
Thank you:). I didn't lose my parents but had a really hard time when my great uncle died last year. I appreciate your feed back!

Herk116 replied...
Jan. 17 at 5:55 pm :
I lost both my parents at a very young age. So my grandparents took me, my sister, and brother in. It's hard for me to write poetry about them so I avoid it. I love the choice of words. I Hope someday I can finish a poem about them without getting so emotional and upset. But thumbs up on this one.