Oxygen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

A true poet,
Lives, eats, and breathes poetry.
Words are as valuable,
As diamonds,
But yet,
They are worth more,
Because words aren't a luxury to us,
They are oxygen,
While pen and paper,
Are our lungs.

jennag4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17 at 9:22 pm:
nice! short and sweet!  

lordfarquad said...
Feb. 17 at 9:20 pm:
LEL HA GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lonely_Despair said...
Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:03 pm:
I'm going to be honest, I read this and didn't believe it would meet my standards, but this was phenomenal. i really enjoyed reading this, and you did an amazing job writing it.

_Kimothy_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:31 pm :
That means so much to me, you are an amazing writer. Thank you for reading my work, it means a lot =D

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:36 pm:
I love this poem so much , it's very touching 

Lady_TeribitheaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow. Your work is great. I'm very impressed with your writing. This is super powerful. I'm inspired, actually.

KimKendrickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:27 pm :
Aww, thanks!

jess14 said...
this is exactly how i feel about poems too! Amazng job

Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:29 pm :
Thank you, I'll definetly be checking out your work when you submit more as well.

prolifepacifist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow!  This poem is just so powerful!  I can't explain how powerful it is!  Power just oozes out of it!  It's like you instilled the power of oxygen into this poem!  And powerful poems come from powerful poets, so all the more power to you! 

yeahthatsme said...
Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:06 am:
LOVE!!!!!! so much power into such a short piece its amazing!

Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:55 pm :
Thank you so much!

spiritwriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this poem is awesome!

Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:49 pm :
Thanks : )

Angelic_Kitten_Guenyth said...
Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:01 am:
this is good. keep writing poetry or you'll die from lack of oxygen:)

Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:11 pm :
Pretty much!

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Whoh! THAT is good. It's short, yeah, but I like it. It's a good metaphor, and the last three lines were powerful. I'm soooo jealous!

Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:47 pm :
Thank you, most of my poems have a short, powerful style.  I was sooo excited when I learned it was an Editors choice!

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:53 pm :
I'll bet, and hey! Thankyou for the advice. from now on, I'll look at my works a little more closely before I put them on. If they are a little too personal in the way it runs, I'll consider keeping it to myself. I'll focus on learing to be inclusive as well as uniqe.

Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:45 pm :
WOAH!!! I didn't mean you shouldn't share your poems, they are fantastic! I was just saying people will have an admiration for them on a different level, they will connect with them more. You should definetly submit poems, if not for Editor's Choice, for me! Btw, can you look at my poem Death? The title sucks, but I think the actual poem is good.