Books This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I flee from reality,
To a land,
Where although not everyone is happy,
I am.
I steal from the pages,
Bound in a leather cage,
Happiness,
In a selfish,
Unforgivable way.

lordfarquad said...
Feb. 17 at 9:19 pm
LEL HA GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lonely_Despair said...
Another well written poem! i really enjoyed this one as well. Great job

EMarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:37 am
HEY!! I DECIDED TO CHECK SOME OF YOUR WORK OUT!! THIS IS SO DEAD ON!!! I LOVE BOOKS!! THEY SMELL REALLY REALLY GOOD! AND YOUR POEM IS SUPERMEGAFOXYAWESOMEHOT!! OKAY, BYE!! FANGIRL AWAY!!!!!!!

Lady_TeribitheaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is great! I love your description!

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow this is... this is beautiful. You expressed this perfectly, and I really do understand what you mean. I really enjoy this poem. I think it might be one of my favorites on TI.

KimKendrickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aww, thank you.

FauxedTea said...
I really enjoy reading your work! Your ideas are so new, yet so universal to writers. You write of what every poet feels yet can't express as beautfiully as this. Purely beautiful.

FauxedTea replied...
*beautifully. Haha, I use 'beautiful' a bit too much, but your poems truly are.

Thank you. I read other peoples poetry and I think, I feel exactly like that, but I never would have been able to write that! It is just a weirdo thing that makes sharing poems so much more fantstic!

Angelic_Kitten_Guenyth said...
It's funny. I see what you mean and I nevery thought of it that way. I like it. Creative:)

thank you so much!

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Lol! I don't think of it that way. There is something delightful in suspense. The troubles of characters put us on the egde of our seats with a pretend worry, but we enjoy it, because its pretend. I don't feel guilty when I enjoy a good book, but I can see how someone might. I love this poem anyway, because its delightfully simple, smooth, and about my favorite subject, escaping into a literary world! The slanted rhymes are good, and unlike some of the other poems ive read latel... (more »)

Hey, I apprecieat your comments. They make me feel good about my poetry. I feel guilty when I read a book, because I am leaving the problems with my life so I can revel in something that isn't real...

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Ah! I read this comment last night and was crazy to reply, but I was on my nook. How do I explain this? Perhaps you arent religious, but I believe humans were created and made in the image of their creator. Because of this, we long to make and make things like ourselves. We make things with struggles, because we struggle. It isn't sadistic when we appreciate it, it is appreciating the universalness of suffering, of loving to see them in the happiness we dont have, and feeling the compainions... (more »)

Write that into a poem, and you will get Editor's Choice for sure!

prolifepacifist This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
LoudDreamer, I agree.