The Heart

There is a constellation in your cinnamon freckles.
Your cheeks are tainted by the blush
that blossoms when you know you are being studied
until you look up to find you are alone
and the warmth returns to that pulsing chamber
where it is extinguished and reborn.
Perhaps the faintest melodies of pianos and violins
sleep behind your eyelids and flow through your veins.

PadoodalleeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You described the heart very well! The part where you say "the warmth returns to that pulsing chamber where it is extinguished and reborn," I recognized the comparison between emotions and a literal beating heart. Good word choice.

anitasaurusThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:06 pm :
Thanks! I didn't think anyone would get that, wow.

ladybugsrockThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 29, 2012 at 11:16 am:
Wow! Your work is so unique! I loved how you took a totally new idea to your poetry and mastered it! Please read some of my work as well! Thanks:)