Sadness

A cold, deep lake.
It pulls you under,
And you can't breath.
As you fight to free yourself,
You realize you can't do it alone.
The cold begins to seep into your skin,
And all hope is lost.
You just want the pain to end,
But the lake is not so kind.
It keeps you,
Broken and suffering,
Forever.

lordfarquad said...
Feb. 17 at 9:20 pm
LEL HA GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Lonely_Despair said...
I I read this poem and it really made me ponder. I liked it though. Great use of imagery.

Rebel_without_a_cause said...
...thats pretty deep. I love it :)

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, your good. I agree, this isn't like most poems about sadness. You used good imagery, and the words are well chosen. Even when I was done my mind couldn't help spinning off to other related images too. imagining something holding you under, someone realizing with horror  that the siren they are swimming with is going to drown them..... Yes I'm weird. but that dosen't change the fact this is good!

KimKendrickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Hey, I'm weird too! We can be weird together! Btw, I love your poems, your writing style is so different from mine, but I feel like we have so much in common at the same time!

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Perhaps! I can't really comment on stuff from my moble device, (hint hint, TI, get a moble site!) but I check in TI alot. I wont forget to  check out your other works, but I may not be able to comment on em. I'll rate em though! Your works are good and I'm gonna find a way to check in on em later, moble site or no.

I know what you mean, I can't do anything on my phone!