Death

I hear a shot,
People are screaming.
We all fall silent,
Ignorant of what is happening.

We all line up,
Against the wall.
We don't know,
What to do.

Someone begins to bang on the door,
And I can barely breath.
I hear a crack,
And the door breaks in.

I run away,
From the scary man.
He's holding a gun,
And he fires it.

I turn around,
As my best friend screams,
He falls,
And I run to his side.

I yell his name,
He doesn't respond,
He's covered in blood,
He's dead.

I look at the man,
He stares at me.
I run at him,
Filled with rage.

I don't even get close.

LifeWorthLiving.ACThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 12:42 am:
Geez.  Its so good I started crying.   

lordfarquad said...
Feb. 17 at 9:22 pm:
LEL HA GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:10 pm:
Good job Kimmy :) The only thing is that it would be easier to read if it had more of a flow

Lady_TeribitheaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow. I'm actually cring. Good job.

J1029 said...
Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:22 am:
Oh gosh. This is so sad. You are such a good writer! My prayers are out for those families. 

KimKendrickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:40 pm :
Thanks, I hurt so bad for others who are in pain, I forget mine in the process.

Sam_Dawn_Richi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh wow... thats immediantly what I thought of when I read this. :,( God rest their precious little souls.

Battle-ColorsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:33 am :
This is sad. :-(  But a good poem.  Good job, Kendrick!

Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:09 pm :
Thanks : )