Teacher This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The top of his bald head
Was perpetually shiny.
Tiny beads of sweat
Constantly formed
On his upper lip.
Always the same
Old, smelly handkerchief
Tucked away
In his breast pocket
Put to use many times a class
Never failing to soak up the dabs of
moisture
On his bland face
That you would never pick out of a crowd.
I could count on
His khakis
Were just a bit too short
Day after day.
His button-downs
Were always faded shades of pastels
Drab and unimaginative.
I remember finding it impossible
To differentiate
Between his words.
One just rolled onto the next
Blending together
Sinking in as one monotonous blob.
He used to call me e.e. cummings
As a joke
Because I wrote in all lowercase.
I never thought it was funny.

Godinspiresher43This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2 at 7:43 pm
You have great tone in this poem.

DancerNicole said...
Your a natural poet. Keep writing, I enjoyed this.

TeaWithMariaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
There's something very haunting about this poem even though it's imagery is seemingly innocent; it really makes you wonder as to what the whole story is behind this. Very well done, you manage to envelop so much meaning in simple lines. 

fairygabby99 said...
This is great! It made me look at poetry diffrently, well done. 

OodthebeautifulandtalentedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I've never been a big fan of poetry but I love this! Congrats on getting published in the magazine!

casalways7 said...
Oct. 13, 2013 at 10:02 am
that is a great poem!! It is so relateable and well writtten.  It reminded me a lot of my math teacher from last year

freeday15This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Really enjoyed reading that. It reminded me of some of my teachers. The word choice was really good and the way you explained things added a twist at the end.

starkem said...
This is a great free verse poem! The imagery is wonderful, and the word choice is outstanding! Great poem =)

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
interesting read! congratulations to you and keep up the work!

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wonderfully told and delightfully entertaining. I feel that I have known this teacher for a very long time with the specific descriptions that you used. How fascinating this piece is.......great job and congrats on the publication!