illusions in the sky

The skin of the blue sky is imperfect
Blemished with irregular patches of grey
And snowy white that look puffed up,
Like lazily drifting fantasy;
And when they do fall on me,
All that dreamy
Cotton candy; I am jerked awake.
They tingle on my cold skin
Then evaporate, like they never were
But a cotton candy left out too long in front
Of the starving mouth of air.

Poetic_PersonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 17 at 3:16 pm:
This poem makes me happy... haha. From "the skin of the sky" to the comparision of cotton candy, it's just packed full of greatness. You're an amazing poet--keep writing! I love your style. It is so imaginative and hopeful. 

HeatherSembThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 10 at 1:23 pm:
I like the way you write, it reminds me of some of my writing haha. A lot of imagery. You sound like a very creative person, I can't wait to hear some of your critque on my work (:

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 7 at 10:57 pm:
I also thought this was very original. I loved the imagery:) the only thing is, I didn't get your picture... How does that fit?

thatunknownthingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 9 at 8:43 am :
looking back on the pic, i can't get how i chose it, myself. ye, i wierdly agree wid u. It doesn't relate with the poem. thanks (for the notification :D)! 

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 9 at 7:38 pm:
I like this :) So pretty. The first line is gorgeous. :3 "The skin of the sky", alliteration AND original. Love it!