Battle

Pride
The never ending battle
Within myself
Between love or
isolation
To have someone or
have none
To give in or to simply
give out
To say I'm sorry
rather than It's over
Between a sweet short joy or
a long empty void
To be vulnerable with him or protected without
A decision for which I still cannot chose

LostCity122This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 10:36 pm:
This is amazing- I feel like this all the time. It's described perfectly.

AnInklingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 12 at 9:31 am:
I really like the idea, especially how the title is so accurate. I also loved how you drew sharp contrasts in the body of your poem-- that really added to it. The only suggestion I would have, is that you may want to start with a different word rather than "pride" or tie it into "pride" more (maybe an ending line, though I do like you ending line a lot). I suppose, I see pride in the rest of your poem. But good job! 4/5 stars.

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 15 at 9:44 pm:
How did you write this good?!? You balanced the pros and cons perfactly, and I could feel your frustration. (It was probably more than that, but I don't know how to describe it otherwise.) Good job! ^_^

StarlitSunriseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 15 at 3:01 pm:
I can totally relate to this! The conflict is quite evident in your choice of words, and I think the overall style of the poem reflects its meaning very well. 

MissExplorationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 5 at 6:52 pm:
This poem reminded me of Yin and Yang, good and bad.  Great use of the photo to tie together with your poem. I like how you started with the word pride and continued to descrbe what it is to you throughout the poem.

candlelightwriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 23 at 11:06 pm:
Ah its always so scary to love. Its such a dangerous risk to give your heart to another imperfect human. But that is the question isn't it? Give your heart to someone knowing full well it could be broken unrepairable, or hoard it cold and dead within your own chest... Beautiful job, I really felt the emotion here. Bravo.

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 9 at 4:44 pm:
Pride is the constant battle—not war, as you cleverly chose not to define it. Wonderful as always.

flannyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5 at 6:13 pm:
i loved this poem, and it was definitely something I can relate to. I think a lot of us struggle with apologizing because it damages our pride. I also liked how you demonstrated that you can either have one or the other, not both, so it showed that you really have to make a full commitment to your choice. Great job!

OldYoungOneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 6 at 2:31 pm :
Thank you. I had to chose and these were the things I had to make a decision between. I lived a cold lonely life because of my pride.

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 4 at 10:07 am:
Wow. I loved this. I feel the same way some times... Just some friendly advice, from experience I've learned it's better to be vulnerable, to forgive, etc. pride doesn't end in happiness

Feb. 4 at 2:46 pm :
Thank you. I wrote this while I crying. I've learned from this and I appreciate the advice.