Guys Cry, Too This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When you told me you were leaving,
I sat in a deafening silence for hours.
My mind was overrun with discomfort
As my hands tried to wipe away the endless stream of sorrow.

My dreams were invaded by warm memories of that night.
The first time I saw your seraphic smile.
The first time I talked to you, with shakes and stutters in my voice.
The first time my lips met yours, and everything felt okay.

That made waking up the next morning all the harder, and the tears came again.

I tried to understand what would make you hate me.
Ran it through my head a thousand times,
Hoping to make sense of the newborn disgust between us.
But maybe I shouldn't have bothered, because nothing changed in the end.

When I went to school the next day,
Someone noticed how red my eyes were.
“Are you ok?” He asked. I told him I was fine.
Because real men don't cry.
Right?

TravelerenRouteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:32 am:
also, can you please rate or comment on my short story? Thanks!! TeenInk.com/novels/other/book/123331/DONT-READ-THIS-BOOK-BY-ITS-COVER/

today at 11:30 am:
I love this poem. It is really well-written. :) Thank you for sharing! I

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 6 at 3:31 pm:
Societry has really twisted the way we view emotions especially when they're shown by men. It's sad really. It's hard when you're really upset, and you can't cry "because real men can't cry." I like your wording in this poem. And the emotion throughout it. Men should cry; not become emotional rollercoasters. But show their emotions when the time calls for it. Very beautiful. 

PeytonLovesHarryPotterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11 at 1:58 am:
I read this again for the first time in months.... amazing, all over again. Bravo, Trace.

Desiraay said...
May 8 at 7:30 pm:
All I can say is: WOW!!! really powerful and i guess alot of others agree too haha(: keep it up!

CookieDrinker said...
Apr. 15 at 9:31 pm:
This was truly inspiring.

daltyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 26 at 12:38 pm:
this was such a true poem.. i completely get you. you know your a good writer when you can connect with someone a thousand miles away. good job friend :)

I8GrassThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:15 am:
I do have to agree with you there Mr. Potter, but I've only seen one man really break down and cry. I guess I just haven't met many real men. 

I don't belive there is anything more heartbreaking than watching a man cry. It is a rarity, but when it does happen it reminds us that even the strongest can break.

HarryPotterLover30This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 17, 2012 at 10:06 pm :
I have to strongly disagree with you I8Grass! A real man can occasionally have his moments and cry, like all the rest of us. That marks the sign of someone who can show emotions and not be all "Oh, I'm so tough, I don't show girly emotions'. When a man acts like that, he's showing that he wants to be seen as someone without compassion, and empathy, and all the things that make a man great. When he's like that, without all of those greaty things, and instead never admit t... (more »)

lil.awolThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 2 at 12:34 am :
i agree with HarryPotterLover. our emotions are natural, they are the very thing that makes us human, there's nothing wrong with showing emotions