I Never Knew I Knew | Teen Ink

I Never Knew I Knew

December 6, 2012
By anabook BRONZE, Lanesville, Indiana
anabook BRONZE, Lanesville, Indiana
4 articles 18 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am tempted by dreams, but inspired by reality." -Me


I used to think the best things to write about were all the emotions just sitting on the surface of who you are. I thought those were the things that made you different, set you apart. Although they are, I realized it was the all the feelings and memories that sit deep inside you that were the most important ones to who you are. Those memories you try your hardest to forget, the ones that you don’t know you even remember until something finally triggers them. Those are the things that truly set you apart. There are over seven million people in the world, all with different stories, all with different memories and experiences to make them who they are. And not a single one of them have been through the same thing. I tried for days racking my brain trying to come up with something to write about. I tried so hard to think of something that set me apart and I realized something I hadn’t before. I am tempted by fantasy and inspired by reality.


The author's comments:
I wrote this as an epilogue to a personal writing piece.