apathy

it never changes, how winter stalks
in, the way overcast
skies sweep over
the sun and all her radiance, then leave a frozen
moon to hang blankly,
silently,

over grey, crusted snow.
years die, only to be born again in the same
icy monotony,
flakes falling indifferently
to stark stillness
below, and you can always hear

that laughter around the
hearth when fingers unfreeze and
blush returns to dimpled cheeks.
as for me,
i like the snow –

the ice,

the cold, and the numbness
it brings

Madison_EThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This was beautiful. Amazing (:

Sarah_OsoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 11 at 8:13 pm :
Thanks :) .   

The_Introspect_NinjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Ethereal and beautiful, I love the slight passiveness in which the narrarator speaks, yet uses vivid emotional descriptions at the same time. Very good work.

Jan. 11 at 8:14 pm :
Thank you for your comments :)

RoseLalondeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So I'm not the only one who doesn't use uppercase letters for poetry.

Jan. 11 at 8:15 pm :
hahahaha, nope :P

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:31 am:
Beautiful poem! My favorite line was "years die, only to be born again in the same icy monotony". Keep up the good work! 

Jan. 11 at 8:14 pm :
Thank you!