The Way You Were This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I look beside me in the chair you once sat
Instead of you, dust collects on the tattered upholstery
One empty tea cup still sits at the side
I laugh to myself because I can almost see you sitting there, Sudoku in one hand, mine in the other
I miss the smell of your hair after a perm
The way you would trot through the door and look in the shattered old mirror
you've had since you were a girl
You were never quite happy with the way your silver locks lay
You were beautiful nonetheless
I miss you, darling.

AugustSummerFlingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:50 am:
beautiful... Everybody wants true love and such a sweet poem..

scenesoccerqueenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 31 at 9:59 pm:
This is great! Great imagery and it was well written!:)

BlackNether12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 26 at 4:20 pm:
Can see why it got Editors Choice >

ScarlettRose390This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Really emotional, though I'd capitolize the I's.

cyndielouwho said...
Dec. 16, 2012 at 9:33 am:
Om my gosh. I felt this deep in my heart.

Deamer_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Lovely! I like it.